Monday 8 February 2010

Turns out this memory stuff is actually quite difficult to manage.

So 'once a day' might be more like 'when inspiration arrives'.

When it comes to typing off the top of my head I can tap away like a maniac.

But when it comes to actually writing something for a purpose I freeze up and I can't tell if it is

appalling laziness or, as my friend kindly pointed out, crippling insecurity.

For example, I attempted to write about the time that my friend CC and I decided to sell lemonade on the

roadside. It was full of gaps, lacking detail and generally not very good.

I've lost my creative touch!

Any advice?

2 comments:

  1. I hate it when you have an idea that you think will be amazing and it turns out not to be so. There's always loads of stuff I want to write about on the blog and when it comes to it, I sit down and nothing comes out, or what does come out doesn't make sense, or doesn't read very well anyway. It's frustrating.

    Just realised this isn't advice. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe go for a walk with a dictaphone and as ideas come, record them? Hmm...not sure xxx

    ReplyDelete